This change in weather has me loving Chicago these days! Granted, we did not have a bad winter at all did we?!
If you do not know me, I’d like to introduce myself. My name is Jennifer (AKA Momma Pickle) and I am the mother of Sophia (6) and Niki (4). You can often see us around Northcenter and Lincoln Square enjoying our wonderful neighborhood. I am also the owner of Pickle’s Playroom in Chicago! The three keywords that describe my business are: CONVENIENT, SAFE, & FUNTASTIC! Allow me to explain…
Why are we CONVENIENT?
- We have great parking (paid parking) and we are also near the Western stop off the brown line! There are also several buses that come straight to our door or very close!
- Under one roof your entire family can get a haircut (kids and adults!), get a snack, eat a made to order lunch, and listen & dance to live music (every Friday at 10:30am!).
- We are in one of the loveliest neighborhoods in Chicago, if you have not visited Lincoln Square, I guarantee you will absolutely fall in love!
- We sanitize and clean the hundreds of toys that children play with on a daily basis.
- All of our employees have passed an extensive background check, and love children, so you know your little one is in a safe and friendly space.
- We have recently removed peanuts from our facility to provide an accommodating environment for our friends with allergies.
- All of our food and specialty drinks are made to order, so you can customize your food and drinks to meet dietary needs.
We put the FUN in FUNTASTIC!
- We feature a wonderful playroom with toys and activities!
- Our salon stylists and nail technician are great with children (as well as grownups!)
- We host a live Radio Party every week! Check out our Facebook page for some examples of past parties!
- Our staff is great with children, you will truly feel at home!
- We have 12 weeks of different themed summer camp sessions starting June 6th! Explore the themes on our website, and look for our special promotional camp deals so your little one can make friends and memories this summer! Check out the schedule here!
Some of my favorite recent moments within the past few months have been:
-A family of 4 from overseas came in and little boy got his haircut first. When he was done he had lunch with his parents in the cafe, went out to play for a bit, then it was dad’s turn to get a haircut! Little boy sat on dad’s lap and watched “Paw Patrol” while dad got a haircut, after this haircut little boy went back to the playroom and had a ton of fun, all while baby sis was being cradled by mom. Dads and their kids often get haircuts together at Pickle’s, but this one example is just how efficient and fun a process it can be!
-We LUV our community! In fact, if you live nearby…. you won’t be able to avoid us this summer! We are producing every children’s stage at every single neighborhood summer festival (Kids in the Square, Square Roots, Backlot Bash in Andersonville and Applefest!). We are creating awesome stages as well as fun FREE activities for our little friends and their parents.
-We LUV our special little friends. In fact, had you visited last winter you would have been able to see nearly one hundred green balloons on the windows. We have a special friend, 5 year old Beckett, and we raised funds in his honor. He has an inoperable brain tumor and has been in and out of Lurie’s since last Thanksgiving. Through our community, we were able to raise a modest amount for his family AND Beckett was able to meet Grammy nominated Lisa Loeb at a concert we produced in April 2016 with the Old Town School of Folk Music (Beckett and his new friend Lisa Loeb played with his toy ambulance for a bit- SO cute!).
There are SO many wonderful places where a family can spend time together and play in this city. There are also many places where a family could get a haircut. However, there is only ONE place in Chicago where a family can receive premium hair and nail services, play, grab some food & great coffee, and have a great time. We hope to see you soon at Pickle’s Playroom & Salon!